The global stage is advancing towards a more open and competitive sharing of knowledge in accordance with today’s upswing of technology. This calls for a creative integration of Academic Diplomacy that will serve as a catalyst for sustainable growth among higher education institutions towards border-less academe. Academic Diplomacy should be strictly observed in mentoring our modern generations. One of its purposes is to foster “international meeting of minds” to clarify local and international issues, and work towards a shared understanding and providing solutions to current problems (Farrelly, 2015). Read more
- To forge a common understanding of academic diplomacy in higher education;
- To determine how academic diplomacy support the university role in the creation of a ‘better global citizen;
- To strengthen the academic networks in Asia so that it can fully capture the potential of academic diplomacy;
- To consolidate and broaden perspectives on international academic partnerships focused on the development of international teaching and learning programs and joint research and innovation projects;...Read More
|DAY 1 - OPENING [SEPTEMBER 15, 2017]|
|Entrance of CHED Ofﬁcials, Organizing Committee Members, Speakers, Guests|
|Entrance of Colours|
|Philippine National Anthem|
There will be about 250 total participants to this event. Invitation will be given to Education Leaders and International Affair Ofﬁcers of Philippine Universities (private and SUCs) representing Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao areas, International University Partners of Our Lady of Fatima University, representatives from CHED, international association groups such as UMAP, accreditation bodies such as FAAP, ACSCU-AAI, PACUCOA, and PAASCU.
- Improved awareness of the role of academic diplomacy in the internationalization of HEIs.
- Signed Memorandum of Understanding or Memorandum of Agreement among HEIs.
- Initial discussions made on research output sharing and joint research projects.
- Commitment among HEIs to integrate academic diplomacy in the internationalization of their respective organization.
- Exchange of invitations among participating HEIs for discussion / forum / observation / benchmarking visit in their university campuses.